Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Raised Bed Gardening

It is commonly known that I have a black thumb. No, not a brown thumb, a black thumb. I can't seem to keep anything alive very long. Even things people swear I can't kill, I find a way.

I have also always dreamed of a garden. We bought this house partially because there was a yard where I could have a small garden. Little did I know that the big beautiful tree in my yard would poison the ground for most plants, (Black Walnut.)

This year I am determined though!

I bought the book The New Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew. It came with rave reviews. I've read it 3 times through, and referenced it many more.

We built some beds, bought the "soil mix", I think I'm ready. I even had the nieces over on their spring break, and they helped prime the beds.
Wish me luck!

No comments: