Monday, July 14, 2008

Gifts For the Nieces

We made a few gifts and were able to give them to the recipients this weekend.

First, you've seen me working on this, but it is finished. I wanted to keep it simple, and I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Here's the finished front. (I these this crazy early in the morning, so I know the color is a little funny.)
Here's a bit of a close up, and you can see a peak of the corner of the back, and my mild label.
We also made my nieces (the ones in the quilt above) a frog game. The boys had tons of fun making/helping with these. We took the idea from Mama Urchin's Lilypad Game. We also used the same Purl Bee Frogs and they worked excellent.
Just a simple zipper bag to keep it all in. I meant to add handles, but I made it quite late at night, and forgot, so..... ooops.
And also, something I forgot to post a picture of. My Levi was in a musical version of Treasure Island. He played Chief Pigaloo. He spoke Pig-Latin and ROCKED THE PART! I was so proud, and truly impressed!

7 comments:

ana lilia said...

i really like the frog game set! i've been meaning to make one for my girls, using the same tutorials! hopefully i can get it done before the end of the summer. and i like that you made a storage bag for it, too! it is a wonderful idea for a gift!

Katie Kutthroat said...

very lovely.. you are a great aunt!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The girls under the tree are beautiful. It's so serene, yet full of wonderment. Great Job!
The coloring and stitching go really well together.
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii
www.curiosities808.wordpress.com

Tab said...

Thanks so much. She really liked the quilt, and my nieces loved the frogs!

Mama Urchin said...

Your lilypad toss turned out adorably. I love that fabric you used for the bag.

Christie said...

That quilt is AMAZING- nice work!

That frog game looks good too.

Anonymous said...

replica Watches
replica Watches
replica Watches
fake Watches
knockoff Watches
replica Rolex Watches
replica Breitling Watches
replica Cartier Watches
replica Omega Watches
replica Tag Heuer Watches
replica Bell & Ross Watches
replica Panerai Watches
replica IWC Watches
replica Patek Philippe Watches
replica Chopard Watches
replica Gucci Watches
replica Corum Watches
replica Montblanc Watches
replica Jacob & Co Watches
replica A.Dunhill Watches
replica A.Lange & Sohne Watches
replica Alain Silberstein Watches
replica Audemars Piguet Watches
replica B.R.M Watches
replica Baume & Mercier Watches
replica Blancpain Watches
replica BMW Watches
replica Breguet Watches
replica Burberry Watches
replica Bvlgari Watches
replica Chronoswiss Watches
replica Concord Watches
replica D&G Watches
replica De Witt Watches
replica Dior Watchesper