Thursday, July 3, 2008

Playing with crayons and embroidery

Right now I haven't had any time to get on my sewing machine, but I have had a bit of free time in cars, at parks and stuff like that, so I can bring along embroidery. I have been making my doll quilt for the doll quilt swap, I have also been making one for myself, and I have started one for my sister in law of my nieces. Although, I'm not sure if I like it. I don't know if it looks enough like the girls or not. The picture looked more like them, but the stitching didn't quite translate. Anyway, here's what I've been working on.
doll quilt swap with the scrappy border
The one for my sister in law. I don't know if it looks enough like the girls. I may just be being too hard on myself. (I do that sometimes)
The first kiss embroidery that's the same as the one I'm making for the doll quilt swap. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to send it, so I made one up for myself. I think I like the one for the swap better, so I think I will keep this one.

3 comments:

SewAmy said...

all 3 of the look great. Your stitching is fabulous

April M. said...

I love this!

ana lilia said...

your embroidery skills are amazing! and i love how you color them in with crayons! i have seen it before, but i did not remember it until i saw your work. do you use special crayons? i have seen some at the craft stores, but the colors are limited to primary and secondary.