Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dishcloths!!

Well, I have been trying to get some Holiday gifts started, or worked on, so I don't go crazy at the end of November. I joined a dishcloth swap to help get me motivated on making dishcloths for my family. My husband wanted to make homemade Vanilla, and he thought that would make a great gift. Since he was actually involved in gift decisions I figured I should go with it! So we have Vanilla steeping, and we are planning on pairing that with a dishcloth and a teatowel and/or pot holder for each major family. I think tomorrow I will try to post my list of gifts (it helped last year keep me on track) So anyway, here are the three dishcloths I've made so far in the last 2 days at soccer.

The two above are a modified version of an afghan square I got the pattern from here. I made it smaller and used a smaller hook. I had to take out a few rounds and such too.
And here is my tried and true favorite dishcloth pattern. The pattern comes from Cocoa Cream's Craft Closet I made it a bit smaller. Mine is about 8"X8" and I think the first chain was 27.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog & I LOVE it :) I added you to my blogroll, too!
I have made dishcloths in the past, but nothing recently... I think I will be making more for holidays this year :)

Tab said...

Welcome! I'm so glad you came to visit, and even happier that you like it here!
I always go in waves for dishcloth making. Right now luckily I'm in a happy dishcloth hooker mood. Eventually I will fall out of it, but I'm hoping to have enough for the holidays before that happens. Thanks for visiting!