Monday, September 22, 2008

Who took my pretty house?

Have you ever been away alot, then home, then away some more? Then you're finally home for awhile, and you look around, and ask "Where is my house?" That's the state I'm currently in. My house seems to have imploded! I look around and there are dirty clothes, on the floor in front of the washer and drier. Papers and garbage strewn around the edges of the floors (especially in the mud room where the boys keep their backpacks.) Clean laundry sitting in baskets on the floor, cobwebs in the corners, and more. I had a bit of a panic attack the other day when I realized all of this. I was embarrassed to call this my home. I also have deadlines for swaps, costumes, birthday presents, and other things coming up too. So I figure I need to buckle down and schedule my time better, and whip this house into shape.

My Goal: (get it all done..... ok, not specific enough);
Have A Presentably Clean House By Halloween (oh, yes, it has gotten that bad!)

So I plan to start listing things (I'm a hopeless list maker by nature)
Monday- Clean front porch
  • Scrub the siding
  • Clean windows
  • Sweep cobwebs
  • Sweep Porch
  • Clean and prep door

I began this, but I have one HUGE problem, I can't get the siding clean! I've tried dishsoap, then I tried Softscrub, I've tried bleach water, nothing is working. We live near a fairly busy corner and we have (slightly off) white vinyl siding. The exhaust and dust stains the siding and it's been like that since we moved in. I can't get the porch white. So if any of you have any sure ways of getting this done I'd love to hear the ideas. Otherwise I'll just have to be happy with dirty porch walls, and move on until something else is figured out.



Tuesday- Paint

  • Paint front door red
  • Paint front room light fixture red and white
  • Paint metal breadbox red and white (again if I have time.)*Didn't have the right paint.


Wednesday- Craft/Costume Day

  • Wash & Dry Lore's fabric
  • Finish Mario Hat
  • Make Lore's Pants
  • Finish up Dishcloth Swap
  • Make Mario's Gloves

So that's my plan for the next 3 days. I hope I can get it all done. I have a longer schedule, but some things may have to be adjusted if other things don't get done.



No comments: