I don't really do the year in review, because how do you pick highlights from your life? I don't really do resolutions, because then I think they are doomed to fail. About the only thing I do do is make a list of year goals. I don't always finish them all, and as with my Christmas list, things do sometimes get altered. They are never profound, but it's what I try to accomplish. So here goes.
- Make all of my boys a mommy made quilt.
- Make a Christmas Tree Skirt and Stockings (I told my husband the tree won't come down until I have made these, so I better get moving!)
- Make Tim things (especially a throw/quilt)
- Help Boys make a quilt for Grandma Wanda
- Make a window quilt (or more than one)
- Help the boys make and publish a comic book
- Make dessert for the family at least 2 times a month
- Make our home more OURS (Paint Kitchen and Dinning Room, etc)
- Spend one WHOLE day with each of my kids individually, doing what THEY want. (I know this may sound really sad, but this has never happened. We've had other people around, or had to get chores done first, or things came up, or whatever. I really want to spend a great one-on-one day with each of them.)
- Stop and breathe more.
- Open an etsy shop
- Work cleaning and excercise into my daily routine.
- Embrace quiet
- Call my best friend at least once a month non-prompted! (this is big, I hate the phone. I don't own a cell phone and don't ever plan to. My dearest friend is offline, she doesn't own a computer *GASP* She calls me always, I never call her unless I'm returning a call, and I don't check the answering machine ever, so I only get messages when my kids tell me. I didn't know she was pregnant until she was a month to her due date because we were playing phone tag.... this is WRONG, I will fix this!)
I'm sure there's more, but this is my most important list, that I can think of right this moment.