Friday, February 8, 2008

Gift for my niece

My niece is celebrating her birthday this weekend, so I made her a little gift. She loves horses and loves to read. So I made her a reading pillow. It has a pocket to hold a book, and elastic to hold it while she reads. I embroidered a horse and her name on the pocket. I also carved her a stamp with her name on it. I made it a little bag too.

We also gave her a book, but not the one pictured, this was just to show the pocket.
This is how the book is held open while she reads.

Quick tutorial added

8 comments:

Average Jane Crafter said...

Oh I love this! I love the fabric, and the embroidery is fantastic. My daughter also loves horses, so this makes me think of her. I'm hoping to do some horse embroidery for her birthday (in March) as well ... better get crackin' on that! :)

pj said...

What a great idea! If you have time, would you post how you made it? My DD would love one, books and pillows are her favorite things.

Tab said...

Thank you so much.

Pj I'll see what I can do, it's actually quite easy, but I was thinking of making my son one for his birthday too and that's in March. Otherwise I can try to expalin it to you.

Elizabeth said...

Your embroidery looks so nice! What a wonderful gift.

metrosupials said...

This is brilliant and so well executed.

Tab said...

Thank you so much!

Tab said...

I added a quick tutorial if anyone is interested. I'd love to see them if you make one!

craftd1 said...

The link to the tutorial is no longer active? :(