Thursday, February 14, 2008

Snow Days

We've had a few snow days recently, so we've had to keep busy. Here are some stuffies that the boys decided to make.

The two bears on the right were made by tracing another bear that they already had for the pattern. They did all the tracing, cutting and sewing. I helped a bit with the safety eyes and closing up after stuffing. The penguin on the left was my eldest's design. He did everything except the final stitching of the stuffing hole.



The penguin's beak fell off, so he has a temporary paper one until we have a chance to sew it back on.


I am working on making some doll sized quilts for my wall in our living room. The Challenge on Flickr is Chinese coins. Here's my take on it. This is the top so far. I embroidered my husband's favorite quote in white. I didn't want it to be screaming obvious, but I think we need more quotes around the house! It says "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. but without it, we go nowhere" -Carl Sagan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I first visited your blog, but my antispyware said that he is infected with an unknown virus.
I deleted the virus through this AntiSpyWare.
The virus does not manifest itself but gradually destroys information on the computer.

pj said...

We love the stuffies! K especially likes the Penguin, of course.