Saturday, February 16, 2008

Reading Pillow Tutorial

Here is a tutorial to make the reading pillow that I made for my niece. I am hoping that this makes sense to everyone. I am coming down with something I fear, and I have been working with my DI team all morning, so my brain isn't totally here. If you see any major problems or have questions please let me know! It's 1/4 inch seams. And you can use any size patch, then your strip sizes will be different. This isn't exactly the size I used, but I couldn't measure, as my niece already has it. I have plans to make another and will try to take actual pictures, but it is still a few weeks off. My next one I think I will put a book mark ribbon on to save their place while it's in the pocket. (This is my pattern, don't sell it or claim it is yours. Don't make things to sell from it. Thank you)












I'd love to see them if you make one!

5 comments:

pj said...

Thank you for the tutorial! It makes perfect sense to me; very well done and easy to follow.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope you feel better soon.

Tab said...

No problem, I'm glad you can understand it.

I'm ok, just a sore throat and I'm tired, but thank you for your well wishes.

Jody Sanders said...

Thank you for this tutorial. I saved your flick image as a favorite and can't wait to make these for two of my kids! I think it's one of the coolest things I've seen.

BMonica said...

Ohh, what a great idea! I have never seen something like that. Thank you for sharing.
And I like how your pillow turned out too. The embroidered horse looks great. I can only imagine your nieces reaction.

Unknown said...

excellent idea I LOVE IT! sorry you are under the weather,. when you are better, you could market and sell these put me first on your list for two!!! actually I have spare material and will try to make one, easy and I actually undrstand the directions!
I love it, very inspiring!